Thursday, January 18, 2007

Lessons for a slow learner

Contentment in Sanctus Boscus.


Am sitting by a turf fire at midnight , Emiliana Torrini is singing on the Ipod and I have a glass of single malt Macallan uisce beatha in my hand.

I'm learning the beauty of slowing down and listening to my life. Tonight it was catching up with a good friend - listening to each others lives and realising that life itself is grace.

Thats all it was, nothing spectacular - just 2 good friends sipping tea by a fire and finding out what was happening in each others lives. And yet I am more content than I have been for a long time.

It is in the little things that we find the greater truths.

Try it .

good night

sleep well and remember that life is grace and that we are fearfully and wonderfully made .

blessings

4 comments:

The Harbour of Ourselves said...

'learning the beauty of slowing down and listening to my life'

beautiful father, simple beautiful - one of the most intoxicatng posts i have read for a long time

salutations and whiskey

lulu

mister tumnus said...

sounds good mark. but is the death of tarticus?! strange days!

The Father said...

all good things come to an end and we move on to higher truths ......

mister tumnus said...

well you'll always be an old tart to me :)